Five Smart Tips To Make Your Home Alarm System More Effective
December 8th, 2021
Choosing a home alarm system in Austin, TX can be overwhelming. A simple Google search for “home alarm systems” will bring millions of results. Digging a little deeper, you’ll find there are a ton of options. The best way to choose a system is to work with a security company in Austin, TX. They have the expertise needed to guide you in the right direction and get the right system for your needs. Beyond this, there are things you can do to make any system more effective. Here are five tips we recommend:
1. Hang Notifications: One of the ways that a home alarm system protects you is by deterring criminals. Most of the time, if a criminal knows you have a home security system, they’ll pass and find a home without one. A great tip is to hang signs letting them know you have a security system. You can put out a yard sign or stickers on your doors or windows. Anywhere an intruder will see them.
2. Add A More Keypads: If your keypad is downstairs by your front door and you need to send an alert while you are upstairs in your back bedroom, it doesn’t do you much good. Adding a few extra keypads around your home can ensure you get the help you need. Also, it’s nice on your ears if the alarm is accidentally triggered to have a keypad nearby.
3. Go Wireless: Criminals in Austin, TX are smart, they know they can simply cut the wires on the security system to disable them. However, they don’t have this option with wireless technology. Wireless cameras, motion sensors, and alarm systems are much more secure than hardwired systems for your home. These technologies are now more affordable than ever, so you can easily integrate them into your system. Plus, since they aren’t hardwired in, you can take your security system with you if you ever move.
4. Design In The Dark: The areas that make your Austin home the most vulnerable to intrusion are areas that provide a lot of cover. Anywhere that is darker, whether it is day or night, is going to be a target for a smart criminal. When working with your security expert on the design of your system, make sure you design in the dark. Take time during the day and at night to find the areas that are the darkest around your home. Once you’ve identified all these areas, let your security expert know and they will find a customized solution for you.
5. Speak With Your Local Authorities: Local authorities like police officers and members of the Austin city council are aware of the threats within your community. Talking with these authority figures can help you get a good understanding of what types of protection you need in Austin. Their insights can also help your security expert reduce these risks.
No matter what security system, you and your security expert come up with for your home, these tips can help make it more effective.