When it comes to security for any business in the Austin, TX area, a lot of different variables need to be considered. One that can't be overlooked is the use of access control systems. These systems let businesses take a more direct, proactive approach to managing their security in several ways.
What Is An Access Control System?
Understanding what an access control system is isn't that difficult. Essentially, this is a type of security system that controls and manages access to a given resource or location. For Austin, TX businesses, this is generally the access to various rooms or buildings. For example, a particular storage room, an office, or even the building itself could all be managed using access control points. Most often, this is done by using key cards, linked badges, or - more commonly today - keycodes that are punched into an access point.
The Big Benefits of Using Modern Access Control
There are numerous benefits that a Austin, TX business could notice by implementing modern access control systems. Since each access control system can be customized for the business, it's possible to design a system that works directly for your business and provides benefits like the following:
- Reduced losses - By limiting access, you limit the chance of employee theft or other dishonest activity - two things that could cost a business thousands over the course of just a single year of operation.
- Audit Trails - Access control systems provide detailed reports of every opening of a door or use of an elevator. This allows for a fast resolution to disputes or to breaches.
- Improved Morale - When employees know that they are in a safe location that can only be accessed by authorized personnel, it can help them feel safer and more secure - thus boosting morale in the process.
- Day and Time Restrictions - You may need certain employees inside a building only at certain times - such as janitorial staff. Limiting day and time that certain employees can enter a property is important.
- Lost Key Management - When a keycard goes missing you shouldn't have to rebadge or rekey everything through a huge process. Instead, today's systems make it fast and easy to rekey - you can simply deactivate certain keys as needed.
When you consider that 57% of people consider employees the most likely perpetrator of a business security attack, it makes sense to limit access based on what that employee should be able to access - and access control systems are the best way to do just that.
Getting The Right System
In order to get the most from your access control system, you'll need to ensure that it's designed by the right team. Each aspect of your business needs to be considered in order to ensure that you get exactly the security results you need. At Dyezz Surveillance, we take pride in providing our clients with the best security systems and access control systems available. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.